Tuesday, January 17, 2006

255 Days and Counting....

Yesterday, I was looking over the things-to-do checklist at theknot.com, and at the top of the page it said "September 30, 2006 • DAYS TO GO: 256". Nice to have that friendly reminder every day.

We have made a little more progress. We've picked a church - St. John's United Church of Christ. We saw a couple of pictures of it in an album at the bridal show, and went to check it out. The sanctuary is domed, and so the pews are curved. It is really pretty neat. It is supposed to be able to seat 700 people, yet it doesn't seem cavernous. It won't require a million decorations. The altar is not especially big, which will be nice for our small wedding party. I am pretty happy with the choice so far.

I think we've also decided to have the reception at the Packard Museum. There are still a few details to work out there - like signing a contract and then making a decision about catering. I guess baby steps are okay.

0 comments: