A couple of months ago, I discovered the Africam. The gals at 2peas often post on the NSRB when there are sightings on the Africam. So, I checked it out. It can really be addicting. This morning I watched several zebras (including two really cute babies), wildebeests, some baboons, and even an elephant! It's amazing to watch the elephant stroll around and eat by pulling tree branches down and picking grass with its trunk. Check it out if you've never been there before:
Since the time in South Africa is 7 hours ahead of local time, the best time I've watched has been in the morning - when it is evening there. There are also a couple of forums where people identify what the animals are that you are seeing here: http://www.africam.com/boma/viewforum.php?f=17 and some screen shots of the animals here: http://www.africam.com/boma/viewforum.php?f=13
Here is a picture of the cute ellie that I've been watching this morning.


0 comments:
Post a Comment