Sunday, June 06, 2010

Odds and Ends Projects

This weekend, I have been working on finishing up some stuff that has been started for a while. After sewing class yesterday, I sat down and sewed on the missing buttons from some of hubby's clothes. I dislike hand sewing so much, that this project has been WAY at the bottom of the priority list. I learned yesterday that my new sewing machine can sew on buttons for me! That alone makes the machine worth having...

I also ventured into the craft room for a little cleaning, some organizing, and even some crafting. I had started some cards back in the winter that I never finished, so I sorted out the 'parts' and figured out what else needed to be done to finish them up. A little stamping, cutting, and assembly later and I have 21 of these cards ready to put in the box for OWH.



The idea for this card was something I saved from the Hero Arts website. The stamps are Hero Arts also. I also learned while cutting out the hearts for these that I can't see to do that kind of detail work anymore. It's a good thing that I got those bifocals in March. Getting old stinks.

While we were out of town last weekend, we stopped at Barnes and Noble so that I could look for a scrapbooking magazine. I also picked up Paper Craft's Go-to Sketches and finally looked through it last night. What a great source of ideas! I whipped up 10 of these cards - inspired by the sketch on page 133 of the book.

Nothing got done in the yard this weekend, but that can be a project for another day.

0 comments: